Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Other People's Food - Volume 2

My wife and I went to a formal dinner this weekend.  I'm always interested in seeing how other people plate and portion food.  Looking down at my plate, I was shocked at the lack of veg.  At first, I rationalized that it might have something to do with budgeting... managing costs for an event that was serving a couple hundred people.  But then I saw the tenderloin on everyone's plate that weighed in around 6-8 ounces.  If they can afford to feed us all beef tenderloin, they can afford to give us more than two skinny asparagas stalks and an equally atrophied carrot.  The food wasn't meant to be the focus, so all in all, it was a great event.  I'm just saying...

Listed below are a couple of the recipes that have supplemented the menu in my house the last couple of weeks...

Banana Bread French Toast
This was a-freakin-mazing.  Last meal worthy.  If I would have died somewhere between this meal and lunch, I would have died happy.  I will suggest that the notion of this recipe making "2-4 servings" is a amusing to me.  My wife and I destroyed the whole loaf after a Saturday morning WOD... and some bacon.  I suppose (if you're more disciplined than I am) you could stretch this into 4 servings...


Paleo Cuban Pork Tenderloin
I couldn't wait for this to get out of the oven... except I did wait because nobody wants trichinosis.  Crispy pork on the outside, warm pickles and cheese on the inside.  I ate mine with a side of jalepeno sweet potato hash.


I look forward to more food from kitchens other than my own this week... as I travel to Austin to attend PaleoFX.  I foresee lots of barbeque.

No comments:

Post a Comment